Frequently Asked Questions
Coastal Breeze operates three nursing homes in the San Diego area – in Del Mar, Mt. Soledad and Solana Beach. Each nursing facility is equipped and staffed to provide assisted living, Dementia care and other forms of geriatric care.
Read More »
Whether you’re looking for a retirement home or an assisted living facility that provides Dementia care in the San Diego area, Coastal Breeze can fulfill all of our elderly care needs. Offering three beautiful nursing homes to choose from in Del Mar, Mt. Soledad and Solana Beach, each of our residential care homes is loaded with plenty of features for safe, comfortable and peaceful living.
Read More »
Coastal Breeze takes San Diego assisted living to the next level. Licensed caregivers in Dementia care and other kinds of specialized medical care, each of our nursing homes are equipped with plenty of amenities to provide safe, clean and comfortable residential care.
Read More »
More FAQ’s About Our Assisted Living Communities And Facilities.
- What is the extent of your services? Will my loved one be treated with dignity and care?
- Is assisted living regulated?
- How does Coastal Breeze ensure its facilities are safe?
- Who pays the bill for an assisted living residence?
- How do you keep residents stimulated and busy?
- Can the residents go outside whenever they want?
- I am on a special diet. Can I get the meals I need?
- Can I bring my own furnishings?
- How do the rates compare with where I am living now?
- Yes, our Assisted Living Communities emphasize positive staff attitudes and friendliness, as we treat each resident with respect and a smile. Our compassionate team of caregivers goes to great lengths to provide the support and understanding our residents need, whether it is for Dementia Care, etc. We take care of every detail, including housekeeping and assistance with medication and personal hygiene. We do our best to create “an Assisted Living Home dream experience” for you to enjoy with us.
- Yes, assisted living facilities must meet state and local registration and license requirements. Coastal Breeze, for example, passes frequent Social Services Department inspections and is Community Care Licensing (CCL) approved. We go beyond local building codes and fire safety regulations by stressing safety throughout our homes, from locked Med Carts to our specially trained staff. All of our rooms are licensed non-ambulatory.
- Safety at Coastal Breeze is our absolute priority. Residents have twenty-four hour access to our trained staff, close proximity to medical facilities, gated outdoor areas, and a home security system at each residence. We provide an easily negotiable floor plan, including walk-in showers, doorways wide enough for fire and medical entry, and complete wheelchair accessibility. Each bathroom is equipped with handlebars to prevent falls, and our homes feature locked Med Carts to regulate medication and keep our residents safe.
- Some health plans or long-term care insurance will help cover a stay at Coastal Breeze Facilities. Medicare, MediCal and most third-party payers cover services.
- Our facilities offer well-attended activities that will match your loved one’s interests. During the holiday season, we host Thanksgiving dinners and Christmas parties, with visits from a nearby preschool and local guitarists. We offer small and large group outings in our own wheelchair-accessible bus, including trips to the beach, movies, picnics and sightseeing excursions.
- Coastal Breeze features gorgeous outdoor living space, including a panoramic ocean view in Del Mar, and lush patios in Mount Soledad and Solana Beach. Residents enjoy our grounds safely and securely at all times of the day.
- Yes, we provide for special diets, including low salt, diabetic, soft food, lactose intolerant, kosher, vegan and vegetarian. Our staff serves meals three times daily, from waffles, French toast, or bacon and eggs in the morning, to beef stir-fry, pork roast, or roast chicken for dinner. We feature a varying menu of delicious, home-style meals prepared on-site to ensure quality and freshness, supplemented by additional snacks to ensure a healthy diet for each resident.
- Yes, residents can bring their own furnishings, or let Coastal Breeze furnish their rooms for them. We can also make arrangements to assist in moving, or arrange storage for residents’ belongings at their request.
- A single month-to-month payment at Coastal Breeze Facilities often beats the maintenance, insurance, and other expenses you currently pay. Moreover, our homes are your best value because of the contentment, companionship, and security of assisted living, and because of our own uniquely qualified service. Click here to request a quote, or call us at (858) 922-9906 for pricing information.